Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The One About Summoners

So I've been trying out Hellgate: London recently and my favorite class so far has been the summoner class.

And I think I know why.

You see, on screen I see this:



Hellgate:London's HRIN summons her minions

But as I am happily summoning them minions in Hellgate: London - in my mind's eye, I am actually seeing this:



Granado Espada's CatheHRIN summons her dolls

I swear Granado Espada runs through my veins. I can never look at any other game in the same way!

On a side note, I encountered some Granado Espada players in-game in Hellgate: London and it was somewhat amusing that we were discussing about the exciting, upcoming V2.4 updates in the in-game chat of HGL and then we started comparing the various classes in GE to those in HGL. Here's the conclusion we came to:


Granado Espada

Hellgate:London

Fighter

Templar

Musketeer

Marksman

Wizard

Erm… MIA

Elementalist

Evoker

Scout

Guardian

Catherine + Viki

Summoner

Jack + Diego

Engineer


What was even more amusing was that one of the players didn't believe who I was. So he asked me what the name of the upcoming V2.4 patch as a proof of my identity.

I haven't officially discussed the name of the upcoming patch with KingKongJon yet but considering how we had once discussed the previous patch name and had decided at that point in time that the standard naming convention for each new patch would be the name of the new map that came along with that patch...

I replied,"Tropical Island patch... or more specifically, Bahia Island patch."

Yes, that's right. The name of the tropical island for the V2.4 patch will be Bahia Island. The previous direct translation from Korean had been 'Gigante Island', but the localization manager, DG, wanted to continue his trend of staying true to the background storyline, so after a few rounds of shortlisting, we unanimously chose Bahia Island.

Coming back to HGL, we are releasing more figurines! Yes, yes I know. The next question you will be asking me is - HOW ABOUT GRANADO ESPADA FIGURINES?!

It's something we are exploring as well. (Not the nude bug version though. So don't get any funny ideas!) ;)

More peeks at these upcoming HGL figurines:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol nude bug version GE figurines if youre going to sell it im sure it will be a blockbuster hit.. kidding


www.sipchil.com