Monday, January 19, 2009

The One About The Fantazzztic Linksys Ads

The power of Elite Le Noirs and Constellation Weapons.

Within one day of posting those prizes up, the submissions for Fantazzztic Ads Awards came flooding in!

I was looking through some of the Blood Donation Week submissions (since it is the first theme to end) when something else caught my eye. The film submissions thread for Linksys Week.

I had been rather apprehensive and worried about the Linksys Week initially, since I thought that it might be difficult for people to come up with ad concepts using Granado Espada. I even considered that during the Linksys Week, I might give a couple of ideas or ad directions in my article for the web.

And then I watched this and ended up in tears...



...BECAUSE I WAS LAUGHING SO FRIGGIN HARD!!!

Kudos to exebolt Family (Rembrandt/Giovanni)! I guess my worries were uncalled for. Another of his Linksys Ads had a rather interesting concept and good execution as well:



The concept has a lot of potential, perhaps it might be made stronger by giving it a stronger branding such as,'Learn the Linksys Dance!' and giving some of the 'dance steps' some interesting names. But of course there is a delicate balance between overkill of words VS visual impact. Ads are ultimately, very subjective, since beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Nevertheless, exebolt's ingenious creativity and incredible sense of humor is just so WINrar. Never in my wildest imaginations would I be able to come up with such innovative ads for Linksys routers! I can't wait to see what other ads the rest of the community will produce for the Linksys Week, which IMO is THE most challenging week of them all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Linksys week over? (As of 3 minutes ago). The Dateline says 19th Jan o.o

~ Bearzz

Hrin said...

Eh? It's from Jan 29 ~ Feb 12, 2009. There were some changes in the timeline. :)

Anonymous said...

Bleargh.

I saw 19th that's why rushed up a video for it! Ok you're going to see a whole influx of videos soon, since I've got time to slowly refine them xD

Anonymous said...

Bleargh =(

My 2 videos were rush jobs because the forum said 19th Jan and nothing on the webbie said otherwise. Nevermind, more chance to refine and come up with a better one xD.

~ Bearzz

Hrin said...

I thought they were done really well! Anyway the updated timeline is on the Fantazzztic Ads awards site over here: http://ge.iahgames.com/faa

q said...

Thank you ^_^