Sunday, September 23, 2007

The One About Black

Yes, I am aware that there is a lot of angst and questions on the forum about certain issues. At this point in time, the only reply I can give to these can be found here. I wanted to reply earlier, but I felt it was unwise to do so in the mentally and emotionally drained state I was in over the last few days. I can't afford to be emokitteh in my replies. I want to, have to, need to be strong at all times, not for myself, but for the people around me.

On a lighter note, this is by far one of the most fun interviews that was ever conducted with me, by one of the GE fans, Reclusion Family, on his blog. For once, the words flowed out so easily like smooth honey...

Source: http://www.sipchil.com/


On the upcoming days we will be entering the “School Uniform Week” on Granado Espada that will be on September 27 2007, In this week players can have the opportunity to buy. School Uniforms costume for their characters. But why am I talking about the school uniforms? As we all know Black Clothing have been a sort of Uniforms to our dear Community Managers and some game marshalls if theres an offline event..

Last Post we have learned about the Philippines CM, Veya’s reason on why she always wear black. Now we will hear Mistress Hrin our Regional Community Manager about the issue.

Gee… I feel like I am doing a thesis on the color black. Thanks a lot Darrick, I’ll never look at black the same way again! :p - Hrin

1.) Do you love Color Black?

Oh yes of course! Just the other day, I was doing laundry and was slightly disturbed to see that all the clothes that I hanged up to dry in a row were ALL black, from external jackets, to blouses, skirts, pants and right down to inner wear… but let’s not go there. ;p

2.) We always saw you wear Black clothes on your pictures, can you tell us why you prefer this color?

Cos it brings out the color of my eyes? :p

Black is always a very classy, sophisticated color. Moreover, it’s easy to match all the various colors of my 10 pairs of boots and my various collections of bling bling accessories.

( These are part of Hrin’s Fashion COllection :p The Boots, The Necklaces and The Watches!)

It’s always been my favorite color.

3.) What is color Black for you?

Black holds a certain sense of mystery to it. It is an intriguing color. Hey! I mean, what’s not to love about black? People have even sang songs about black. Just of the top of my head… ‘Paint it black’, ‘Black Parade’, ‘Back to Black’, ‘Baaa Baaa Black Sheep’… and even bands with ‘Black’ in it. Like ‘Black Eyed Peas’, ‘Black Sabbath’…

Gee… I feel like I am doing a thesis on the color black. Thanks a lot Derrick, I’ll never look at black the same way again! :p

4.) Instead of Black? any other you like and why?

Red, Royal/Cobalt Blue, Dark Green, Hot Pink.

Because these are all very extreme colors. I guess the type of colors one likes is somewhat dependent on personality. For myself, I am someone who has pretty strong opinions and believes in living life passionately. I don’t believe in being a peripheral.

On a more shallow note, these are the colors that look best on me. So… hello favorite colors!

5.) Whats your favorite in-game Costume?

Definitely Torsche Dress for female elementalist. Elegant and classic, and its plunging (yet not over the top plunging) neckline adds a subtle sexiness to it.

6.) We all know that on the upcoming patch, Andre Janzur will throw away his White Man Image and he will now wear a black costume. the thing question is. what can you say about his new look?

Probably because he felt that Black is the new ‘white’?

( Doctor Torche )

Or perhaps the good influence of Dr Torsche has rubbed off onto him. If you notice, Dr Torsche has a superb taste and sense of fashion. His fashion line manages to be simple yet intricate all in the same breath. His focus has never been about jarring colors. He usually only uses about 2 colors in his clothes – classic black and gold. The cutting of the garments are usually fairly simple, but his focus is on the intricate embroidery of his garments. His clothes are perfect for that romantic candlelight dinner date at fancy restaurant or a classy ball.

On the other hand, Andre Janzur’s clothes REALLY scream out loud. With its jarring colors and huge accessories, you simply can’t not notice it. Which perfectly suits his personality – his need to stand out in a crowd, his need to be in the limelight at all times, his desire for recognition and attention.

Nevertheless, perhaps his sense of fashion is evolving and being the extremist, temperamental person that he is, he swung totally from ivory to ebony. He probably wanted an ‘extreme makeover’ to his creations and he believed that by switching his signature color to the extreme, it would somehow inspire him to greater heights.

Well, all these is purely my speculations, don’t quote me to him! He might… like blacklist me from his shop for all eternity! :p

7.) If Granado Espada was a color (not black ) what will it be? and why?

Golden. Cos GE is all about the bling bling, royalty and living in the fast lane. Or at least that is the first impression that one gets when you first arrive at the new continent of Granado Espada. But once you are here long enough, you get to see the other ‘darker’ sides of society like Port of Coimbra and Los Toldos.

Last but not the least….

8) if you’re given a chance to design an in-game costume for a RNPC or a Stock Character who will it be and why?

Female elementalist. Well, what can I say? I’m shallow. I think she looks cute in sheep horn hair.

9) please do describe your designed costume :)

Erm…. Erm… sorry man. I ain’t artistic in the least. I can only PK people with words and not peektures. My art teacher used to call me ‘Picasso’ back in high school. He didn’t mean it as a compliment. It was meant to be a still life drawing but it was drawn so abstractly that he, as well as the rest of my class, could not understand what on earth I had drawn out.

So well… the only thing I can say is it will have the following elements:

Black. Leather. Lace. Satin. Gloves.

No comments: