Sunday, September 09, 2007

The One About Random Snippets

Wow it's been such a while since I last blogged. I feel almost at a loss about the how-to of it. Today's entry is just gonna be random snippets here and there.

It's been hectic-to-the-max lately, especially since I've had new responsibilities and roles to fulfill. Still, I've been wanting to thank a great number of people for the various lovely surprise birthdays I had. You know you have been truly blessed when you've had 7 birthday cakes in a row. I'm especially grateful to the HrinFanClub members for the birthday party they threw me and an exceptional thanks goes to Akira - for that lovely portrait you drew of me, NightLordzz for that kawaii bear sitting on my office table as we speak, Raymondee - for that classy, sophisticated restaurant dinner and of course, Elyrean - for... everything. :)

* * *

I met a reporter from PC World Vietnam, Mr Q, recently. He happened to be in town for GCA 2007 and we had the most pleasant conversation. I was a little surprised yet hopelessly delighted about the amount of passion he had for GE and his vast knowledge about it. I nearly fell off my chair with laughter when he told me which faction he was in. It was one of the most prominent factions in GE! So well, well, you never know who is in your faction. It could be a prominent reporter, a Mediacorp TV cameraman or an E.R doctor from your local hospital. (Yes, I have met all 3 in GE, in real life!) ;)

* * *

My boss and I had gone up to Indonesia for the Intel-MachinimaAsia event and we were really impressed by the workshop. As we were discussing the event on the plane as we were flying back to Singapore, we talked about holding a longer duration workshop catered specially for our current GE gamers across the region. Unlike the brief 3 hour workshop that was held in Indonesia, we hoped to have something that lasted longer and went more in-depth - into the storyboarding elements, various artistic directions, camera angles etc.

And hey, at the end of the workshops, I thought it would be a lovely idea to have something like 'The Oscar Awards' where people can nominate and vote for the best entries and the winners get maybe a trip to Korea to visit IMC team and dinner with Hakkyu Kim perhaps. There could even be various categories like Solo Artiste, Group Artiste ( a team of 3 could do a video together) and probably a category for those who did not attend the workshops, but still wanted to be take part with their own GE videos. Do let me know what you think of this idea via blog comments or forum threads.

* * *

And alright, if you actually read thus far, I'm gonna let you in on a little sneak preview for the future. We will be moving to the next version before the end of this year.

And. It's not going to be V2.2. ;)

4 comments:

noodles said...

Which server is he in?

Most prominent faction... i can think of 5 in various servers..

Unknown said...

Yo Ms. Community manager..

Nice job there promoting GE and the oscar awards idea.

BUT

Please look at the forum more often.. people are more and more complaining about bots now.

What is IAH's answer to solve this?

Danish Qaiser Lim said...

Hi, Hrin
How to you redeem the Divine Angel Wings as this is my 1st time rewarded with such item. Thanks!

nicosia said...

elow guys^^, its me nicosia h0w are you^^,