Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The One About Chinese New Year & Valentines Day

It's that busy time of the year again where Christmas leads to New Year which leads to Chinese New Year and Valentines Day. There's been so much to plan for and lots of events in the lineup. To make matters worse, my personal assistant (otherwise known within the office as "GE Guru" or "The living, walking, breathing GE Wikipedia") just left in order to pursue other things in life, which left me in an relatively foul mood.

With 3 magazine articles due for submission today (amidst other project deadlines) and having not even started typing a single word, it came as no surprise to find myself waking up, stressed to the core at 4am, unable to continue sleeping and in the office at 6+ am to try to get some peace and quiet to start work before other distractions and interruptions came into play.

They always say that blogging is a form of escapism.

I concur.

Well, in any case, it helps me to de-stress and serves as a pleasant distraction from unpleasant deadlines.

So, here's me in escapism mode, bringing you teasers for a few of the Chinese New Year and Valentines Day Events that are upcoming!

First off, say 'Hello' to a new 'friend' who will be coming to Granado Espada to celebrate Chinese New Year with us:
You got that right. We are most likely going to have an early server maintenance on 4 February 2008, Monday, in order not to conflict with the Chinese New Year holidays and Feng Ling has given word that she will be gracing us with her presence!

Then of course, with every festive occasion is the IAHGames trademark Ecards! Here's the Chinese New Year Ecard featuring who-else-but-FengLing:


Likely there will be 2 Chinese New Year in-game events: one which is system generated (like the Christmas Event) and one which is [GM]-run. We are still awaiting approval from IMC regarding the system-generated event, thus I can't confirm it right now. But the [GM]-run will most prolly take place on 9 February 2008, Saturday.

On a side note, official elections are likely to be postponed to the beginning of March instead due to the system still being heavily bugged. Official announcements would be out at a later time.

Next up, Valentines Day Ecards! For the happy couples out there:

For those who miss that special someone:

And lastly for the friends who have been there for you through thick and thin:

And new costumes for "Valentines Day Dress Up Week"!

We had originally planned to open up Tierra De Los Muertos (Land of the Dead) during the first week of February but due to the inauspicious implications it had to be opened during Chinese New Year, the opening of Tierra De Los Muertos has been postponed. From what I understand, it is scheduled to be opened on *21 February 2008, Thursday, instead. At the same time, Otite Perfume, Wheel of Destiny and Los Toldos Package.

Los Toldos Package consists of:

1 Wheel of Destiny (1 day)

1 Otite perfume

90 Mystery powder

1 Ancient Territory Pass (1 day)

10 Soul Crystal

10 Triumph Filler

Cost of Los Toldos Package: 22,000 G-Points

Cost of Wheel of Destiny: 1,100 G-Points

Cost of Otite Perfume: 1,100 G-Points


Sigh. Ok. Escapism time has come to an end.


Now I just gotta generate some serious mojo for 3 inspiring 1,200 worded magazine articles.


THE TIME IS NOW!!!


Disclaimer: Above events might be subject to change.

*EDITED on 17 Jan 2008. Thursday: Tierra De Los Muertos and the item mall releases hasve been postponed to 21 February 2008, Thursday instead

3 comments:

Manny said...

I'll make sure I'll mark on my calendar! I'm looking forward for the events to come (and get my share of Feng Ling as well!). :D

P.S.
Will the "Wheel of Destiny" Premium Item be available in all servers or just the non-PK. I'm from Carracci, just in case.

Aramis Chopin said...

So many news everytime! ^_^ It's great to be part of the community!
Can't wait to get Soso/FengLing card and the new items!
By the way, I hope to get Hingis/Gavin soon, I really cannot wait to get his card!

I hope there will be a discount on costumes, since I have to purchase a lot of them for my RNPC ^_^ and I hope the costume for Lorch will be added with the next update... it's shopping time!

Kee Hui said...

WAhhh. I want this hot girl.. Just nice for my birthday, Yahoo~~~

This hot girl will be ready to join my barrack consisting of hot boy aka Viki, hot mama aka adelina and hot butt aka gracielo. Yabo~!