Monday, January 07, 2008

The One About Christmas Recollection

I've procrastinated blogging this entry for a bit since I haven't had the inspiration to blog a really good entry. But I figured that if I procrastinated any further, it might come out only by next Christmas 2008.

... Recollections.

Finally had some free time to play Granado Espada intensively for 2 days over the Christmas break. I had been stuck at 8X forever on Cervantes. And so I was very happy to finally get my chracters up to veteran at 3am on Boxing Day! What made the experience even more pleasurable was that I was visiting WrathOfGod faction who were some of the most fun people I have ever hung out with in GE. Amidst the jokes and laughter, I was able to feel like an ordinary player once more. A feeling I haven't had in a long, long while, ever since Closed Beta Testing.

a) Squad Chat

It was such a wonderful feeling. Squadding up with some of them to train. I had the most interesting conversation with Sandman, a medical student in university (NUS), who taught me how to estimate your future child's height:

1. Girls are always disadvantaged by 13cm. So if you are female, add 13cm to your height.

2. Future height of child = (Height. of spouse + your height) / 2


So well... if it turns out to be totally off the mark, then Mr. Sandman is a scammer. ;p

b) Random 'Q&A Sessions'

Bumped into random people and had some of the most amusing 'Q&A' sessions.

Knightingale: hi hrin, is that really you?
Hrin: hi~ yep.
Knightingale: I was wondering... do you use Hrin potions?
Hrin: Ya sometimes. why?
Knightingale: ...coz tt's just weird lol
Hrin: lol
Knightingale: it gives hrin's buff!
Knightingale: you should buff yourself!

... I don't know how to respond to that.

c) Raid Bosses

I even had time to raid a boss! Although I couldn't help very much except to play the role of Florence Nightingale.


d) Colony War

Didn't take any screenshots since it was a quiet colony war (just before the wipe) but you can read more about it on Ninemoon's blog.

I received something called '5 raid points' for attending this war! LOL! Unfortunately, there were no items up for grabs at the cost of 5 raid points. :(

Well, maybe just a Hrin's potion?

e) Raid Point System

Speaking of raid point system (which probably many of you already have in place), WoG has a pretty good and fair system on how they allocate points to members for each colony war and raid attended. What I liked was the transparency it had where everyone could see everyone else's points. One of the most common problems I often hear about is that faction leader would give loots only to those he/she was closest to.

Another aspect I really liked about WoG Raid Point System was that, at the end of the day, the members actually get to keep the Elite drops for themselves by using their points to bid for items. There is another school of thought that all drops belong to the faction and the faction loans them out to members who need these equipment.

I'll probably speak to alkayel again to ask him for permission to publish their raid point system on the website to open up for discussion. It would be interesting to see how other factions' raid point systems are as well!

f) Surprise Christmas Pressie from WoG

Of all the Christmas pressies I received in 2007, this has to be my all-time fave Christmas present. A Le Blanc for my elementalist. I was really moved because it was so unexpected. This faction had never asked or demanded anything from me and was always extremely protective of me during my stay there. They were constantly gently reminding others not to keep asking me questions or demanding for things since the only time I get to play GE was in my free time and ensured that I had peace. Which was really sweet. Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy talking to players and answering their questions etc. But their protectiveness of me was just so heartfelt and sincere that I was so incredibly moved.


Many thanks WoG, for your warm hospitality and kindness during my stay there, for the gorgeous Le Blanc and most importantly, for bestowing upon me a long-lost feeling. :)

Although my stay with them is over, but my friendship will always be with them. :)

(Meanwhile, I'm currently in Pachelbel, visiting Osiris Faction.)

10 comments:

aLKayeL said...

Thanks again, Hrin for visiting us :) Glad that you enjoyed yourself in WoG!

PJ Punla said...

we were happy to be with you, even if only for a brief time

[and thanks for the shout-out ^^]

Elyrean Ablone Zealaezi said...

Hihi jie,
Long time no see and long time no talk haha.....gratz on vet!

And thx for ur help and the points.....hope to have another outing soon....we miss the kids T_T....

Hope to see you in Carracci soon....haven seen you there for quite some time.....

5vnt said...

Glad you enjoyed your stay i WOG. hope to see you more as a player ingame in the future :)

Verrada
Cervantes

Anonymous said...

hope u had fun with us and would come back again......

Blane
Cervantes
WoG Faction

DG said...

Good to see WoG uses the right formula too.^^ I'm actually testing a small-scale system to handle raid/cw management - I'm planning to release it to my leaders before mid Febuary...

Doomguard
Vradical
Cervantes

Panda said...

Hi Hrin! Hehehe! Hope Hrin Had Happy Hours!

*-_- i tried to use only H's but failed lol. Come back again sometime, eh? =p*

Pandaren
Cervantes

Unknown said...

We at the Corazón Del León faction from the Carracci serve have such a similar system as your WoF faction. ^_^

Now after reading your article...I realize the bidding system as we CDL coined the distribution of the raid's loots, is quite common in other factions as well..and perhaps not GE exclusive.

El Por said...

so how'd u decide on which faction to choose to visit?

Por
Pachelbel
ELITE faction

Hrin said...

They email me to invite me to join their factions. :)