Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hi guys,


Happy Chinese New Year!


1. My Role In Your (GE) Life


Quite a couple of people have been calling me ‘GM’ (Game master) and saying things in-game like,”Hey GM Hrin! Show us the highest level gear! Summon powerful monsters!” Gee. I have this sudden mental image of myself as some ball-juggling monkey at the zoo…


Well, my lovely Vespanolans, unfortunately, I am not a game master. I’m your community manager, meaning to say that I use a normal playing account, just like the rest of you. I can’t make Vis rain from the skies above. Neither can I summon all of Monsters Inc. to do the Macarena in front of Andre Janzur. My role as your community manager is to keep you guys updated with the developments and news updates of GE, to get feedback from you guys, to answer any doubts or queries you may have, and of course my most fave role of all… to be your friend, protector and guardian angel whenever you feel lost or alone in this world. :) Naturally, my roles will evolve with time, but the essence of it remains - that of community building. So do continue sending me emails at: community@ge.iahgames.com


2. A Day in The Life Of Hrin’s Inbox: Lost In Translation


I’m on leave and off to Kuala Lumpur for the next few days, so if I take a little longer to reply your emails, do bear with me. I promise that I will read every single one of your emails and reply them!

Just the other day, here I was happily checking my email. Clicking, clicking, clicking… and then I saw this email…


“Hrin… I see you photo in night, I [INSERT ADJECTIVE] and [INSERT ADJECTIVE]…”


Pause. Stunned Silence.


My mouth dropped open in amused incredulity as I quickly scanned through the email. It soon became apparent to me that what was intended as a Shakespearean / Li Bai sort of email had been seriously lost in translation on some Babel Fish online translator and had unwittingly deteriorated into some B-grade adult horror flick, entitled “I know what you did last night”. Still. I think I should spare this poor soul the horror of what had been tragically massacred in translation. So I replied his email:

“Thanks. It’s nice to know I’m… erm… the first thing on your mind when you wake up and gee… the last thing on your mind before you sleep at night. :)


There we go. May he live on in blissful ignorance! In the meantime, where’s the Dettol? I need to wash my eyes!!! ~>.<~


3. Player-Organized Events: Just Own It!


I was pleasantly surprised to see how some of the GE players have been taking the initiative to organize little, impromptu events on their own. Someone had organized a hug chain at the Leonardo Express while one of the guilds organized a friendly, free-for-all 15v15 PVP tournament. Things like that really make my day, for it perfectly complements the more heroic and romantic aspects of the Baroque era that Granado Espada is set in. Therefore I urge you, to further enhance the spirit of Granado Espada, to challenge yourselves to greater heights and to learn to live for your fellow Vespanolans by bringing a little happiness and excitement into their GE lives.


So do get together and come up with little event ideas. It doesn’t have to be a grand fanfare. Just something simple will do. For it is not the grandness of an idea, but rather the sincere thoughts and intentions behind these ideas that go a long way. And you do realize, your community manager is behind you every step of the way. If you need me to help you publicize your little in-game events, do drop me an email. I can help you to broadcast in-game but please ah, provide me the logistics (Read: Megaphone) to do so. After all, much like her working class real life, Hrin doesn’t lead some kind of *tai-tai life in Vespanola. She grinds hard at Tetra Ruins for her every last Vis! (I am woman! Hear me rawr!)


Ultimately, Granado Espada is a game we are all slowly exploring and falling in love with more and more with each passing moment. And when you feel passionate about something, you take ownership of it. This includes being involved physically, mentally, emotionally... GE is your game. It was made for your guilty pleasure and sinful enjoyment.


Don’t just play it. Own it.


*Tai-tai: A Mandarin phrase referring to a Lady of Leisure. Also commonly referred to as every girl’s dream job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you seem like a pretty cool Community manager =D, if not for the graphics an MCC technology, i think you would have single handly won me over to play this game. looking forward to POBT and bring lots of friends with me.

Hrin said...

Yeah that's the spirit! Great to know you are bringing lots of friends over. Cya around Arius ;)

Anonymous said...

Community manager.. hmm.. seem like you have more power than gamemaster / moderator. If i am not wrong, you are one stage lower than the overall in-charge. You manage recuitment of staffs, annoucement of news and also handle support for players. One word from you can get any player a P ban, and also one word from you, can lift a P ban too. This is the power of community manager. I hope i guess it right. =D

Anonymous said...

Hrin which world are you in and you know the team of 3?I was wondering if the Scout is 100% needed in the team...