Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hey.


I’m back with tons of GE updates for you guys.


1) Extension of Closed Beta Testing (CBT)

I’ve been hearing your heart-wrenching pleas to extend the CBT phase and have taken the case up with the Gods of Vespanola (Read: IAH’s Level 100 Bosses). And yes! The Gods of Vespanola have spoken and agreed to extend the lifespan of CBT for another 2 weeks. CBT will officially end on 19th March 2007.


2) Pre-Open Beta Testing (POBT)

Pre-Open Beta testing phase will begin in mid April. I’m really excited about this since the version we will be using is V2.0, which has tons more game content! I will elaborate more on this in my future updates, but for now here are some exciting statistics:



Granado Espada Versions

Statistics

V1.8.23

V2.0

Maps

25

181

Quests

72

395

Items

2393

3219

Recruitable NPCs

32

39

Total NPCs

52

150


Pre-Open Beta Testing phase will last for about a month before we go into the Open Beta phase and eventually into Commercial Launch. As for the most frequently asked question which continually makes its guest star appearance in my email Inbox (Yes. The question of whether we will be going the P2P way or the F2P way). We are still in careful deliberations over this matter. Tentatively, our decision will be announced on the website towards the end of pre-open beta testing phase.


Oh wait. I almost forgot to mention. The best news of all - there will be NO character wipes after the pre-open beta phase! Woot!


3) CBT In-Game Event: 3rd March, 2007, 2pm (GMT +8)

There will be an in-game event on 3rd March, 2007, 2pm (GMT +8). More details can be found here. Here’s some off-the-record stuff: I heard it through the grapevine that there may be a second round of the same event being held at a later time in that same day. So even if you don’t manage to win in the first round of treasure hunt, do stick around in-game longer and you might just get lucky!


4) CBT Contests

Since we are halfway through CBT, I think it’s about time we have a little chat about the CBT contests. You know me - there’s nothing I love more than a little elusive mystery and suspense. So well, I’m just going to say that there will be around 20 winners in total and that the contests have been short-listed down to those listed below. As for how many winners there are for each contest… it will only be revealed at the end of CBT. (Yup, this is me trying to make your lives a little less mundane and a little more unpredictable.)


I WILL tell you what the prizes are though. These 20 odd winners will receive an exclusive invitation to access the game servers earlier than the general public for the upcoming pre-OBT phase and will receive a special in-game item (this is the part I am going to be all mysterious again) during pre-OBT. Considering there will be no character wipes from pre-OBT and beyond… read between the lines. ;)


So once again, to recap from my last entry about the short-listed available contests:

a) Highest Character(s) Level: Highest Level Character(s)

b) Top Bug Reporter(s): Most helpful reporter(s) who submits the most bugs
c) Shakespeare's Protege Award: Shakespeare would have been proud to have a protege like you! This award goes to the one(s) who posts the best articles, write-ups, player guides, replies on the forum
d) Andre Janzur Fantastic Award: You know how Andre is constantly in one of his moods? Well, you are the creative one who entertains him and all your fellow GE players by organizing the most interesting in-game events!


Whew. This sure is a long entry. I had better end off now before you guys drift off into lala-land. I’ll be updating quite a bit these few days since there is a lot happening within IAH. Stay tuned for more details!

2 comments:

karma said...

No wipe outs? You mean i keep my beta char? or my pre open beta?

Hrin said...

CBT will be wiped. This will be the first AND last wipe.

From POBT onwards, there will be NO wipes.