Sunday, May 06, 2007

Community Service Event 3: Fire Station

Well guys, Community Service Event 3 is on 10th May 2007, this Thursday. As usual, we will be meeting at 11am at Ronald's Bedok Villa, otherwise known as Bedok Interchange Macdonalds outlet - the one under Princess cinema. The whole outing should last till 6pm. Hrin will then treat the GE heroes to dinner. Those who have not signed up for the event yet, please drop me an email at community@ge.iahgames.com

Quite a few people have been asking me about how this whole community service event came about. It all started one day when I got a call from my good friend's mother who is a teacher at Katong Special School. I had previously been volunteering there, but ever since I started working, I was unable to make it. She had called me in an act of desperation because she was finding it so difficult to get volunteers to help out. I told her I would try to take leave to help out. After all, I really missed those kids. Then it hit me - Hey! Why not combine my 2 loves together? The love I have for those kids and the love I have for my GE community. So I penned an email to my Level 100 bosses to propose this monthly Community Service Event. It was very well-received and they have been extremely supportive.

The GE community has been very supportive as well. I received so many sweet emails encouraging us to press on in our community service efforts. The latest email I got was from this dude, Andre:

"By the way, i just read your blog and i have to say, your idea with heaving RL-Quest that help children is absolutely fantastic ^^ Ive never seen ANY gaming company do something similiar. Too bad Singapore is too far away from Germany to reach it with the Car in a few minutes ^^. Your "Levitating Maid" reminded me kinda of Mary Poppins and her levitating umbrella ... so i decided to "update" your levitating maid picture =P (picture enclosed)... you should consider adding the umbrella as an ingame item lol ^^"

Another GE fan, Tsubaki, sent me the most creative picture in order that I could publicize my RL quest:

Yep, so... Vespanoleans out there, let's extend that good old fashioned chivalry and heroism in Granado Espada into real life as well. Don't just play GE. Live GE!



4 comments:

PJ Punla said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting my blog in your links section - I will do my utmost best to live up to such an honor!

^^ w00t~

Hrin said...

Haha you are doing a great job with your blog already. I love the stuff you write! It's really well written!

Anonymous Pink said...

ahaha the pic Tsubaki made is hilarious!

Jac said...

wow^^ i stumbled upon a very nice blog..errm Introductions. Im Jac from Venezuela (not vespanolea lol) and very excited to become more active in GE world, waiting to play on POBT and looking forward to read Miss Hrin's posts. Great idea with the RL quest.. sighs too bad to be that far but we venezuelans cheer from the far end of the field^^ ..Admirable Work