Saturday, May 19, 2007

The One About Baron Mode

The bad flu that has been going around IAH has finally spread to me, despite how badly I've been trying to avoid. On the bright side, it hit me only after POBT began and playing GE is all the medicine I need! I've been reading on the forums about how many are wary of starting characters in Cervantes because it is a PK server and there are various wild predictions that Cervantes will be over-run with high level players camping newbies or low levels just so that they can get that baron mode high attack bonuses. Well, that crystal ball of prediction ain't going to materialize! Simply because of that misconception about Baron mode.

That Misunderstood Pre-Requisite: Family Level = 6

So most of us know that in order to "baron" (force PK) someone, you need to fulfill that pre-requisite of having a family level of 6. Many people are under the impression that a family level of 6 means your character level is 6. In reality, a family level of 1 = 10 levels.

Thus, if my
highest level character = 19, my family level is 1
highest level character = 34, my family level is 3

However, if my highest level character = 30, my family level still remains at 2. Until that character reaches level 30+ ; only then will my family level be considered as family level 3.

This effectively relates that family level 6 = character level 60+ , which means that I need to be of character level 60+ at least to be able to "baron" (PK) someone! And on top of that, the other family that I am trying to "baron" (PK) must also be of family level 6. This automatically rules out the misconception that high level players will be camping lowbies.

On a side note, since we are on the topic of family level, your family level is directly proportionate to the family protection percentage you get. A family level of 2 will improve your HP by 2%.







Further to that, let's say you already have a level 60+ character, and you start re-training another character from level 1 again. Your family level will be still regarded as level 6 and your level character open to attacks from other families of family level 6 and above. In summary, your family level will be based on the highest leveled character that you have in your barracks, regardless of whether they are part of your team of 3 or not.

Although in this way, you can say that high leveled characters can still 'camp' low leveled characters, but considering that you already have at least one high level character of family level 6 and above, this would probably indicate that you have had considerable experience in playing Granado Espada and would know enough about GE to be able to avoid such attacks, or at the very least be able to bring out your other high leveled character to challenge that person on a level playing field.

10 comments:

Jac said...

aww..so now we wont live in fear to be obliterated in the prairies ^_^

This is great news as some of my corps wanted to go on peaceful server now they can get the info straight. You've made the board wide^^ so many thanks, looking forward to get a glimpse of your heroic monster slaying^^

Show the love of plastic love^^
GE Model Figures

Cheers
Jacquot Alastor

Unknown said...

thank you for clearing that up, hrin. a lot of my friends too are wary on creating families in cervantes, and this tidbit of information will help clear their minds. it's also a good thing to even out the playing field so everyone can enjoy the game.

although i would suggest to do away with the force PK mode. although players may attain the required level for doing this, we cannot discount the fact that some players will take advantage of others. it would be more appropriate if players can just activate the PK mode so PvP battles are done in consent and in a fair level.

PJ Punla said...

thank you for clearing up the question about the permanent buff!

I'd been wondering about that!

as for the Baron Mode:

I for one am in support of it. not only does it remain true to the atmosphere of the game and its historical setting, it's also a means of testing players' strength.

however, I also think that the forcing mode might make people wary of those who take advantage - and in any game, there are always people like those, who grief, and then point and laugh while others steam.

PEDONG said...

aloooooo!!!! co khoe khong!!!!

rickfernandez said...

Dear Community Manager Hrin

Good day, I am so happy that you replied at my comment Madam.
If you remember Madam Hrin I was the one who kindly request
to help us or ask the game developers to change the names of
skill of Fighter "Dust Devil" and any other names of items,
skills, quest, etc that has satanic names to change it to
something better like "Dust Slasher", "shadow", etc.

I am hopeful that this is possible to change names of skills,
items, etc becuase before in the Japanese or Korean version of
Granado Espada, the character Elementalist was first known as
Warlock. According to the dictionary, "Warlock is the demonic
male version of Witch". I am so happy to know that the IAH
Games version of Granado Espada is not "Warlock" but intstead
its been change into something better as "Elementalist".
And thank to God in Heaven, no bugs occurs in changing this name
of character

But no doubt, changing names might result in several more bugs
since the skill name has to be changed across many platforms
but there is also a high possibility that these bugs can be fixed.

I am happy to know that your Team is consulting with your
philippines parthners regarding this problem. I will also try to
consult your Philippines Partner`s President of E-games Mr. Steve Tsao.

as well. I am hope my fellow
Filipinos at E-games Philippines will help us. They are
continueosly helping me in changing the names of items etc. in there
other online games and some of the names of items there are already
change without resulting any bugs.

Anyways sorry If I post this problem in your blog Madam Hrin, I cant
send you a private message at the GE Forums, I think its disabled.
I hope you understand my reasons. Sorry formy poor english grammar.
sorry if I ever comment on the wrong thread, I just want to
my comment to be noticed as possible and may not be missed.

Please reply to me if you have time Madam Hrin, I will patiently
eagerly wait for your reply. My username and forum name at GE
Forums is fastlevel117. My email is zinniazzestz@hotmail.com

Thanks, You have my support, God bless
Rick Israel Fernandez, Philippines

Anonymous said...

I guess what you explained in your blog truly is what goes on in people's minds. Do you think there is any chance possible that people who started out in Non-PK servers can transfer their accounts to PK servers?

Anonymous said...

Question, how does Reputation affect Family Level? 'Cause I have Lv 35/35/34 Family atm, and my Family Lv is 4 and I have 362 Reputation.

Hrin said...

@sean: Nope, sorry, can't be transferred. New servers are set up as a means to give others that chance for a fresh start such that if you join early, you get that advantage of being able to level up faster than others. :)

@anne: Non PK servers are for this purpose. In non pk servers, baron mode is not enforced. Thus there is no force pk and players can challenge each other to a duel to compete against each other willingly

@pedong: raat vui duoc gaap anh. toi khoe. anh khoe khong? [I worked in Vietnam for a year so I understand and can speak basic Vietnamese. ;) ]

@rick: The tean us discussing this
and will revert shortly. :)

@anonymous: Family levels are gained by levelling up your character and reputation level. Reputation levels are attained by doing quests, winning in PvPs etc. Levelling up your character gives the most family level points though. Thus even if you do not do any quests or take part in PvPs, 1 family level = 10+ levels

Anonymous said...

hmm in JGE they allow u to pay to transfer servers. maybe whne the game settles down abit more will u be able to open up this option like in WOW?

Anonymous said...

When you attack someone on Baron mode, you will get a red skull on your head when you killed at least one character.

Killing someone in baron mode does not add to your reputation.

You can only initiate Baron mode when both you and your opponent are at least of a lv 6 family.

Baron mode does not indicate your highest character level. It derive from your character points? + reputation points.

Example 1:
I can have 3x lv 30 characters, with a high reputation point of 12k, I can be a lv 12? family.

Example 2:
I have 7x lv 50 characters, I become(estimated) a lv 8 family.

Above lv 10 family, you get attack bonus.

Your faction also affect your family point too. Although I am not sure of how.

What is confirmed is that if you want a lv 30 family, you are guranteed to archive it with 36x lv 100 characters. So go ahead and churn out as many high level characters as you can.

:D