Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The One About Winning Your Non-Gaming Friends Over

I've been given a monthly 2-page column in Playworks magazine, starting from May 2007, where I will be talking about GE. But hey, you know what I always say - The best things in life should always be shared. Thus, for July's issue of Playworks onwards, I will include some lovely GE fanart or contributions from the community in my column as well.

I have come to realize that as gamers, sometimes we tend to be over-technical when we talk about the games we so love. To us, these so-called 'technical terms' are second nature to us, everyday talk and vocabulary. MCC, XAI, PK, PVP, PVE, KS... unfortunately, these abbreviations are alien language to our non-gaming peers, which tends to further push them away from the whole notion of gaming.

So well, in my first article for Playworks, I have attempted to write it in such a way that our non-gaming friends will be able to catch a glimpse into what the world of Granado Espada has given to us. Enjoy! ;)

Click on images to enlarge:

6 comments:

PJ Punla said...

loved the article ^^

Anonymous said...

-dies- ^^ congratulations hrin-sama its awesome to see how far GE is going, very nice article too

grrr ninemooms beat me to first one to post..lol..still seeing your chars they look like those of a GM..they iradiate so much power and style ^^

"sugar coated lies lead nowhere, for this we thank and appreciate when you keep it real. In a world where chivalry is dead originality and honesty are the next best things to praise"

keep up the good work
Jacquot Alastor

Yat said...

I r having no girdlyfrens :(

Ok so maybe its cause I spend too much time drooling over the female characters' boobsies in-game.

But the fact that remains is that GE > all anyday, anytime.

P.S No, I don't do the things mentioned above.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT, assume me as some pervertic old man stalking young girls on the net. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

hey hrin! may i know which month series will this be published in?

Hrin said...

thx guys ^^

anonymous: It's published in May 2007 issue

Anonymous said...

so its out in the market!? omg. do u think its still available??!!????