Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Edited 20 August 2008: Due to some scary bugs found during testing, schedule has been changed to 21 August 2008, Thursday, 1200hrs (GMT+8) -25 September 2008, Thursday, 1200hrs (GMT+8)

The One About Beijing Olympics 2008


I happened to be reading Blacksword's Granado Esapda Blog and came across his entry on the Beijing Olympics 2008 costumes in China GE.

Well, the good news is... we spoke to IMC about it and asked if we could also use those costumes and they have agreed to let us use it as a 1 month promotion for the Limited Edition Box. Details are still in the midst of being finalized and if all goes well, the promotion will last from 21 August 2008, Thursday, 1200hrs (GMT+8) -25 September 2008, Thursday, 1200hrs (GMT+8), whereby when you do a 'Claim Item' using the Emilia The Sage RNPC Code found in the Limited Edition Box, it would then provide "Emilia The Sage" RNPC Card and 5 x Beijing 2008 Sportswear Costumes (for both genders). But like I said, details are still being finalized and is very much dependent on whether the patch for these costumes is buggy or not. Thus, please wait for the announcement on the website first before any attempts.

(Remember to thank Blacksword for his blog entry and Mewmender for his forum thread that gave rise to this inspiration as well!)

Here are some sample pictures of the Beijing Olympics 2008 costumes from Blacksword's Blog

Male Fighter

Male Musketeer

Female Elementalist

Female Wizard

Female Scout

Another promotion we are planning to hold is for the 750Gpoint GVC card between 15 August 2008, 1200hrs (GMT+8)-18 September 2008, Thursday, 1200hrs (GMT+8) .

Once the promotion is activated, all 750 Gpoint GVC codes are to provide:

a) Standard 750 GPoints value
b) Additional 250 GPoints
c) Additional 1 Enhancement Booster

Once again, I reiterate, wait till the website announcement is up before claiming!

Meanwhile, some updates on the Paid Game Services of Change Character Name, Family Name and gender... the website graphical user interface is complete and we'll be doing the tricky part of integration with the various systems over the next few days. Currently, we're still on schedule to launch next week on 21 August 2008, Thursday.

Here's a sneak peek at the website interface:

Main Menu

Change Gender Menu

Last and best of all (well at least to me, since its my current pet project), is that last night, I got a reply from L'oreal who has agreed to the proposal for the sponsorship for the upcoming September Gamer Girl feature! Woot! I can't wait to get my hands on those L'oreal products... MUAHAHHAAHHHAA!!!

7 comments:

PJ Punla said...

lots of love for Blacksword ^^

looking forward to all the new features this week and to Bai Hu most especially.

and that Gamer Girls thing is looking more and more promising - hope to hear about that soon as well!

Reimaru said...

wow thanks guys ^^
i was really surprised when i doscovered that I was blogspotted and then the costume will gonna arrive in GE SEA/ANZ..all I can say is Wow

ty ty ty ty ^^

Manny said...

You mean I need get myself another Emilia the Sage in order get those Olympic costumes?

For some reason I'm beginning to regret getting my Emilia the Sage early. Anyhoo, I hope you can ask IMC to have it available for sale during the Beijing Olympics.

At least I'm assured that we're also getting this as well! Keep it up, Hrin!

Zhibin said...

The date is wrong for gender change launch. July is over.

Hrin said...

Re: Ninemoons

Haha yeah I am looking fwd to BaiHu as well! And of course for the Girl Gamer feature!

Re: Manny

Hmmm I doubt IMC will allow us to use it for normal sales since it is exclusively for the Limited Edition Boxset. :(

Re: Zhibin

Oh man... what a boo boo... thanks for letting me know! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I still don't see any Change Name thingy in the official website. Now's already 26th August. Can you let me know the URL? Thanks in advance! :)

Hrin said...

The project has been delayed due to incompatibility of the stored procedures on test and live servers. See my later blog entries.