Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The One About Granado Espada Gamer Girls in Playworks Sept 2008 Magazine


Phew! I just finished writing my GE column for Playworks magazine's September 2008 issue, which spotlights Granado Espada Gamer Girls. I had previously emailed some of the Gamer Girls which I had seen in Facebook and Friendster to interview them. Most hadn't replied me yet, so I could only use 6 of the replies I had received so far. I'm also having difficulty adding some of the girls in Facebook/Friendster group as friend in order to interview them, so do add me up if you are part of the Granado Espada Gamer Girl group.

Here are some random snippets of the magazine article:

"Any interesting incidents happened to you in GE?”

Emmylia: I get a handful of people saying 'YOU'RE A FAKE GAL!' Or,'Meh? You don't sound like one, I don't believe you're a gal.' - Got those a lot while I was recruiting for the all girls' faction I'm in.

"What is a typical day like for you in GE?"

Abby: Chatting with fellow gamers, trading and leveling up my characters. I love training my ‘Lisa Lynway’ character since she is a belly dancer, just like me!

abby belly dance
Abby & Lisa Lynway - The Belly Dancing Duo


"What is a typical day for you like in real life?"

Alisha: Work takes up most of my time on weekdays. Evenings are 99% utilised for GE! Ok… in between there's still some blogging, chatting on msn etc.

"Have you ever dated someone you met in-game? Do you believe that romance can be found in-game? "

Eva: Yup… we were amazed that we could finish each other’s sentences. Although he eventually got back together with his ex (in real life) but well… possibilities exist. :)

If you were a beauty product, what would you be and why?

Carine: Mascara~ because the eyes are the windows to a person's heart and soul and I want to help everyone have beautiful eyes~

* * *

And these are definitely my two favourite snippets:

And what item in GE would your dream guy be and why?

Sheila: I'm going to go with Great Sword. The stances for it usually have a slow attack speed but when it comes to fights that matter, this weapon can be very powerful with a little bit of skill and patience. But if skills are carelessly spammed, the weapon ends up rendering the character useless. In that same sense, I like guys who have a lot of restraint and make sure everything they do is well thought out. Basically, flirting isn't appreciated if it's not serious!

Eva: Elite Penetrator of course, for obvious reasons… HAHAHA!!!

Eva quests for her Elite Penetrator

... You just gotta love Eva's forthcoming ways. ;)

2 comments:

The G-man (Kasumatra Family) said...

:o

oh noes, now I have some competition in the collection of my Elite Penetrators.(Still hope to take over the world with them, since the plan, to take over the world with Mega Talts Failed : / )

Filament Fern said...

ROFL.

That Elite Penetrator is a good one.