Sunday, August 24, 2008

The One About Grabbermon

V2.9 is just around the corner and I've started working on the rollout plan as well as the content release schedule.

Although it's been scheduled for end of September, but a more likely launch date might be in October. I'll continue to update you guys as we move along. I'm really starting to feel as though my blog mojo has finally returned - I'm starting to enjoy blogging again. Well anyway, we just received the latest digital assets for V2.9 from HBS (Hanbitsoft) and what I am REALLY looking forward to in V2.9 is... the pet function!

I'm not sure what our localization team is going to name the new pet. The very raw translation at this point is "Grabber". (I'm hoping they call him "Grabbermon" though...) True to his "Grabber" nature, he loots items for you. From what I understand, you are required to feed him with pet food every few hours, if not it would lead to his demise. So no hope for AFK-ing with Grabber overnight! Nevertheless, it's hard to tell what the system would be like at this point in time, since V2.9 hasn't been implemented on the test server yet. The above is hearsay that might have been lost in translation.

Here's a sneak peek of lil' Grabbermon:



Awww... Isn't he the cutest thing ever?

6 comments:

Manny said...

I can't wait to own my very own Grabber! Are we gonna name our pets a la Pokemon, Hrin? That's sounds too derivative! :D

Wait! How about a contest to officially give the name of the sGE version of the Grabber? Just an idea...

Hrin said...

Sounds like a great idea! I'll discuss with the team and see if we can work something out. Thanks for the feedback Manny! ;)

Anonymous said...

what a cute lil pet it is! <3

grabbermon hmm? sounds interesting to me. i wouldn't say no to this name, but perhaps others have better names for it.

i can't wait to see how the other 2 pets are in action! <3 <3

Anonymous said...

How are they planning on the pet system working? Does he take the place of a character in your 3 person team? Or is he more like a pokemon (XD couldn't think of a better example) that you release and call back? Also can he be killed? (besides starving to death, lol)

A naming contest sounds like such a great idea! ^^

Anonymous said...

whooa hoho.. i'm seriously stoked about this lil fella! hmm.. it would seem he can also attack with rocks or somethin' as shown in clip.. awesome! ^_^

Michelle Kea said...

omg! its so cute~ xD